Here is a sample of the what you’ll learn after reading The Uncluttered Teacher.
How to Finally Let Go
Weeding Through Your Belongings
Ask yourself these questions when going through your items.
- Is this out of date? No longer of importance? Most recent copy?
- Do I have time to read/do something with this? How long have I told myself I would do something with it?
- Is there another resource if I get rid of this and need to revisit it later?
- What is the worst thing that would happen if I tossed it?
- Am I keeping it because I spent a lot of money on it? Am I getting any value out of it having it unused?
Streamlining Your Day
Cutting Back on Responsibilities
Use these self-reflection questions to help you analyze how you spend your time.
- Do you feel guilty if you don’t help out?
- Do you have a need to be a part of everything that is going on?
- What would happen if you weren’t in charge of an event?
- How often do you really need to check emails?
- What tasks can you delegate to students and other colleagues?